Deadline : 21st July, 2017
Location : The Philippines, Japan and Indonesia
Duration : October 8 to 19, 2017 and February/March 2018 ( Dates can be changed)
Type : Fully Funded
Hope and Dreams (HANDs!) Project is an annual youth exchange program, aiming to nurture a sense of common feeling and coexistence as a community shared by the people of Asia, initiated by The Japan Foundation Asia Center. HANDs! promotes dialogue and exchange among youth in Japan and Asian countries in order to deepen mutual understanding. HANDs! also promotes the formation of a network among young leaders, as well as promotes collaborative efforts among them, in the field of intellectual dialogue on disaster and environmental education issues.
The HANDs! Project will connect youths, from Japan, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, India, Myanmar, Nepal and Cambodia. These youths will be given a trip opportunity to learn about disaster and environmental education in Japan, Indonesia, the Philippines, and also a chance to have collaboration to create projects for the community in the second year.
- Applicants have to be: a young professional who have great creative skills and/or organizing skills (creative worker, social worker or journalist) with at least one year of working experience or an active university or graduate student (who presents valid student ID).
- Applicants must have records of activities in the field of community building, desirably disaster and environmental education in their home country, such as conducting educational events for school children, helping post-disaster reconstruction, conducting social enterprise, etc. Applicants who worked on other social issues such as supporting children, handicapped & elderly, in deal with LGBT issues, women’s empowerment, and others are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicants who are eager to learn from other countries’ experience of post-disaster recovery and disaster preparedness.
- Applicants who are open to new ideas and methodologies.
- Applicants who are willing to challenge oneself and willing to try out new settings for creativity.
- Applicants who are passionate for creating his/her own follow-up project (individually or in a team), in collaboration with the Japan Foundation Asia Center.
- Applicants must understand and agree to the aims of HANDs! Project.
- Applicants must be bona fide citizens of Indonesia.
- Applicants have to be equal or under 35 years old, as of the date of application (July 21, 2017).
- Applicants must possess the ability to conduct formal conversation in English and a good communication skill.
- Applicants must be in good physical and mental conditions.
- International airfare
- International travel insurance
- Domestic transportation
- Hotel Accommodation
- HANDs! Application Form for Young Professionals
- Photocopy of ID Card
- Curriculum Vitae in English (must not exceed 3 pages in length, in MS Words or Adobe PDF format)
- Two samples of recent works (in English or Bahasa Indonesia), for example poster designs, comics, product designs, photography, web design, short essays, newspaper articles, journals, video, etc.
- HANDs! Application Form for University Students
- Photocopy of student ID Card
- Curriculum Vitae in English (must not exceed 2 pages in length, in MS Words or Adobe PDF format)
- Any additional material (in English or Bahasa Indonesia) about your disaster and environmental related activities or other social activities, for example poster designs, comics, product designs, photography, web design, short essays, newspaper articles, journals, video, etc.
- Email the above documents to [email protected] before deadline.
For more information, please visit Official Website.