Deadline : 9, January, 2017
Location : Online
Duration : 3-6 months ( 16-24 hours per week)
Type : Volunteer, Unpaid
The ASEAN Foundation seeks a graphic design intern to play an active role in the development of the ASEAN Foundation’s communication and promotional materials. Under the supervision of the Communications and Marketing Manager and with guidance from the Executive Director, the intern will help create visually-attractive communication products incorporating both functionality and aesthetic. The communication and promotional materials range from printed publication to online media products such as e-posters, e-banners, e-card, e-flyers, e-newsletter, and many more.S/he will also support illustration and other supporting visuals needed for the Foundation’s social media posts. The intern will learn how to reach the ASEAN Foundation’s constituents, and promote events or programmes through visual communications both online media products and printed publication.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Good command of English
- Ability to use various design software particularly the Adobe Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and CorelDraw
- Of necessity are creativity, originality, fluency of ideas, information ordering and problem solver
- Must have an eye for details
- Demonstrable ability to work under a tight schedule and deliver timely and quality materials
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
- must be 3rd/final year full- time undergraduate student or postgraduate student
Tasks of the Intern
- Create design for the Foundation’s publication such as factsheet, brochure, posters, banners, booklet, leaflet, report, and many more based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts
- Create design or illustration including high quality infographic, creative ad, or motion graphics to help improve visual images in the Foundation’s social media channel
- Provide design support and image editing support as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by the Communications and Marketing Manager
EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
- Visually-appealing and high quality publications (both printed and online publications) produced by the Foundation
- Unique opportunity to learn about ASEAN issues
- Gain experience in a non-profit sector particularly the opportunity to interact with professionals in ASEAN affairs, civil society and the non-profit sector
- Knowledge that you are contributing to the ASEAN Community building process.
For more information, Click Here.