Deadline : 28 January 2018 (Sunday)
Location : Yangon, WWF-Myanmar , frequent travel to Tanintharyi and Kayin
Duration : 6 months
Type : Paid
Myanmar is the last frontier in Southeast Asia for biodiversity conservation with rich endowment of natural capital. This country is also in the vanguard of Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS) countries with a stated commitment to transition to green growth. As Myanmar slowly eases toward greater democracy, there are clear opportunities for the country’s people, its economy, and its unique and invaluable endowment of natural capital. As a part of World Wide Fund for Nature – Greater Mekong, WWF-Myanmar was established in 2014 with the aim to support Myanmar’s development ambitions with a focus on spatial planning and biodiversity conservation in parallel with ecosystem services protection and sustainable livelihoods, to achieve a green economy. As part of this approach, WWF-Myanmar is supporting a Greater Mekong energy initiative which aims to build energy independence; and promote the use of new and renewable sources of energy, energy efficiency and conservation, and household use of alternative fuels. To support this initiative in Myanmar, WWF is now inviting applications for the position of Energy Intern based in Yangon, Myanmar.
- Electrical or Electronic or Environmental or Renewable Energy
- Recent graduate or currently pursuing a degree
- Interest in innovative sustainable energy solutions
- Report writing, Microsoft word, Excel
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging
- Myanmar Language, English Language
- Willing to travel (Frequently)
Major Function :
The Energy Intern will support energy team; contributing in activities of energy sector development projects.
This JD covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organization needs.
- Internal – Liaise and contact with relevant WWF teams related to low carbon, climate and energy.
- External – Communicate with local ethnic groups
Interested candidates should email [email protected] or send a hard copy cover letter and curriculum vitae in English to 15C, Than Taman Street, Dagon Township Yangon, stating the applied position title. Email application documents should be addressed as Document_Yourfullname.
For more information, please visit Official Website