Deadline : 1 March 2018
Duration : 4 Days
Dates :April 2-5 2018
Type : Fully-Funded (Participants’ accommodation fees, travel cost and training fees)
AgriProFocus is an international multi-stakeholder network with Dutch roots, bringing together agri-entrepreneurs, private sector companies, civil society organisations, knowledge institutes and governments around specific questions, issues and opportunities in the agro-food sector. The Agrifood Bootcamp is a project to link Myanmar students and young professionals Dutch businesses and organisations in the agrifood sector. The objective is to increase awareness of youth about the opportunities in agribusiness, improve linkages and exchange between Myanmar youth and Dutch and Myanmar companies and organisations and to develop skills and capacities required in the agribusiness sector.
- During the intensive Agrifood Bootcamp week, they will challenge participants to come up with innovative solutions to solve agribusiness issues.
- Skills training, masterclasses, networking events, field visits, group work on solving challenges and coaching provided by the companies and organisations participating in the Agrifood Bootcamp.
- The Bootcamp will be followed a Showcase event to present solutions and recommendations developed during the Bootcamp week to the Ministry of Agriculture (MoALI) and representatives from the private sector, non profit sector, research and education institutions and media. They will invite MoALI to present their plans priorities with regards to increased participation of youth in agribusiness.
- A high level jury will choose the most innovative and promising solution. Members of the winning team will win a leadership training package to become Youth Ambassadors and advocate for a better position for youth in agriculture.
- Myanmar National
- Youth between 18 and 35
- Pitching an idea to solve one of the 5 company challenges.
- From the applications, we will select 40 youth that can participate in the Bootcamp.
- Present your idea in English in a short video (3 minutes) or 1 A4 of text and send it to AgriProFocus Myanmar Facebook Messenger or through Viber to 09 798926214.