Deadline: 1st July 2017
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Duration: 25th-30th September 2017
CIDOC is the International Committee for Documentation of ICOM. It is dedicated to documentation and management of information pertaining to all museum functions. The committee welcomes curators, librarians and information specialists interested in documentation, registration, collections management and computerisation.
This year’s CIDOC conference aims to encourage active reviews and discussions on the topics below with a broad international focus. While illuminating the philosophy and activities of documentation officers, collection managers, registrars, conservators, curators, researchers, educators and all other stakeholders in documenting and preserving the cultural heritage. All professionals are invited to participate in the conference presenting their practices, reviews and approaches.
- Applicants must be qualified professionals who are currently employed in a museum or a related institution;
- Applicants must be from a country listed as low or lower middle income, based on the latest World Development Indicators Database of the World Bank;
- Applicants must demonstrate a valid financial need, indicate all other possible sources of funding and provide evidence of efforts to obtain such funding;
- Applicants are encouraged to become members of ICOM.
Priority will be given to applicants from the following countries:
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East
The grant covers
*The applicant must demonstrate a valid financial need, indicate all other possible sources of funding and give evidence of efforts to obtain funding.
Grants are awarded as a contribution towards travel costs, accommodation (6 nights) and registration fees.
Costs incurred in the home country, including but not limited to surface travel, accommodation, and visas, will not be covered by the grant.
To apply, please fill in and submit the application form in English (see below).
In addition to the completed form, you are required to send to the Bursary Committee of CIDOC 2017 the following attachments:
- CV (including list of publications)
- One recommendation letter from the head of the organisation /institution where the candidate is presently working.
You can send the attachments by e-mail to [email protected] subject field “CIDOC/Grant application”.
- Submissions received after this date will not be considered!
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered!
- All documents should be sent in an electronic format.
For more information, please visit the official website.