Deadline : 31st December,2017
Location : Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Duration : 28th February-3rd March, 2018
Type : Fully-funded
Description : The Asia Foundation is now accepting applications for the YSEALI STEM Education Regional Workshop sponsored by the State Department through the U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh. Slated to take place from February 28th to March 3rd, 2018 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, the regional workshop will bring together 50 participants from ASEAN countries. Ten YSEALI members will be selected from Cambodia, and 40 other YSEALI members will be selected from the rest of the ASEAN region.Participants in the workshop will have an opportunity to participate in informational sessions, discussions on STEM education and challenges, and break-out sessions on different topics and group presentations.
- Be aged between 18-25;
- Be a citizen of an ASEAN member state (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam);
- Be YSEALI member (To be a YSEALI member, please register at http://yseali.state.gov);
- Can speak and read English;
- Have a keen interest in STEM education and/or STEM-related pursuits, exhibit leadership potential, and demonstrate an awareness for and interest in engaging in regional educational activities;
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the dates specified;
- Have a passport that is valid for at least for 6 months from the departure date.
Benefits : All program costs including flight/transportation, meals, and accommodation will be covered. Please note that only flights within the 10 ASEAN countries are eligible; additional costs are the responsibility of participants.
Note: priority will be given to those who have not attended a YSEALI regional workshop or fellowship.