Deadline : 11:59PM (GTM+8) on December 17, 2017
Location : Bohol, Philippines
Duration : March 19-26, 2018
Type : Fully Funded
The 2018 YSEALI SEA Camp-Bohol seeks civic-minded, environmentally-passionate youth leaders to create and implement solutions that address environmental sustainability issues in the region. The application is open to residents of all 10 Southeast Asian countries: the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Laos PDR, Thailand, Myanmar, Brunei, Cambodia, and Vietnam. The YSEALI SEA Camp in Bohol marks the 11th SEA Camp event. The program will bring together 30 youth leaders, ages 18-23, from March 19-26, 2018.The YSEALI SEA Camp is a U.S. Embassy initiative to promote ocean conservation and youth leadership. During the week-long program, the participants will undergo a series of workshops to build skills such as public speaking, project management, and stakeholder consultation. The participants will also have a chance to explore the biodiversity of Bohol through snorkeling and visits to other well-loved landmarks, such as the Chocolate Hills and Loboc River. At the end of week, participants will also pitch project ideas to promote sustainable development and protect natural resources in their home communities. The top project ideas will receive seed funding and mentorship to support project implementation over the subsequent five months.
All YSEALI SEA Camp applicants must:
• Be 18-23 years old during the SEA Camp
• Be able to attend the full duration of the SEA Camp independent of a parent/guardian
• Have a strong interest in conservation, environmental sustainability, volunteerism, and advocacy
• Be a member of YSEALI. Registration is immediate and free.
• Must be a citizen of any of the 10 Southeast Asian countries
The Funding Covers: All the expenses. For example
- A scanned copy of the biodata page of your passport. Filipino citizens may submit other official IDs (driver’s license, SSS, school ID, etc.).
- Submit a clear headshot for the announcement of participants, preferably a clear, well-lit photo taken in front of a plain background. Please see Samples Here
- Join YSEALI by signing up in the website (see the “Connect with YSEALI!” column on the right) and submit a screenshot of your registration confirmation along with your SEA Camp application. If you have applied before, please search for the confirmation email and submit a screenshot, or screenshots of other email updates from YSEALI
- You must also:
(2)Follow @YSEALI and @SavePHSeas on Twitter if on Twitter
(3)Follow @savephseas and @yseali_official on Instagram if on Instagram
Application Process: Click Here to complete the online application form
For more information, please visit Official Website