Deadline : 21 May 2017
Location : Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Cost : Free of Charge
Duration : 26th – 29th July 2017
Inspired by United Nations’s model of Internet Governance Forum, the Youth IGF takes the same multi-stakeholders approach. YIGF provides an open platform for young generation to express and interchange their ideas and own thoughts on internet governance freely.
YIGF is usually a 4-days-3 nights camp which participants are assigned a role as one of the interest group such as government, private sectors and civil society organizations. During the camp, they are encouraged to think from a new standpoint and different perspectives. It also serves as a preparation camp for them to understand various internet issues as well as further directly participating in the local and global internet policy discussion platform.
Meanwhile, one of the core features of the Youth IGF is that the facilitators are all youth themselves, which signifies the empowerment of youth as well as the peer-to-peer impact.
- Applicant has demonstrated that he/she is able to benefit from participation and passionate in joining the event with clear expectation
- Applicant exhibits an interest in topics related to YIGF and/or internet governance
- Applicant expresses a continued desire to engage in, promote or contribute to discussions on internet governance, locally, regionally or globally
- Applicant adds diversity to the participants in YIGF based on gender, identity, age, course of study, skillset or others traits
- Applicant’s English proficiency should be ensured, as YIGF would be using English as its medium. In addition, participants are expected to contribute and engage in discussions actively.
- Applicants can apply online here.
- The application must reach the Secretariat by 21 May 2017
- The application form contains some questions required to be answered in not more than 200 words for each, which responds to the following questions:
a) Please state the reason why you wish to participation and what you wish to experience in the forum
b) What internet governance issue you are concerned most and why
c) Please address some existing problem of social media and a possible solution
d) How will you share your experience with your community after the forum
- Applicants’ responses will be examined and scored according to selection criteria to determine the eligibility. A higher ranking means a greater the chance for selection.
- The final selection would be based on the availability of slots for the participants, subject to the slots allocated to participants’ home country (i.e. 30 from Thailand and 20 from Asia Pacific region).
You can get more information here.