Deadline: May 1, 2015 at 5PM EST.
Funding: Fully Funded
Location and Time: Copenhagen, Denmark. 16- 19 May 2016
Women Deliver’s conferences are the world’s largest global convenings to focus on the health, rights and well-being of girls and women. Building on the successes of Women Deliver’s three previous global gatherings—in London in 2007, in Washington in 2010 and in Kuala Lumpur in 2013—the 2016 Conference will bring together world leaders, advocates, policymakers, journalists, young people, researchers and leaders of the private sector and civil society to showcase what it means and how it works when women and girls become the focus of development efforts.
The conference, which will be held in Copenhagen from 16–19 May 2016, will be the largest gathering on girls’ and women’s health, rights, and wellbeing for more than a decade, and one of the first major global conferences following the launch of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The focus of the conference will be on how to implement SDGs as they relate to girls and women, with a specific focus on health – in particular maternal, sexual, and reproductive health and rights – and the inter-connections with gender equality, education, environment, and economic empowerment.
Scholarships for people 30 and older are awarded to stand-out advocates over the age of 30 who have proven their commitment to advancing the health, rights, and well-being of girls and women in their community and around the world. This opportunity includes:
- A scholarship to attend the Women Deliver 2016 Conference on 16-19 May 2016 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- A chance to connect with a wide range of policymakers, donors, activists, and journalists from the highest levels to the grassroots to review progress, discuss challenges, and push for new and ambitious commitments toward improving the lives of girls and women.
A full scholarship to the Women Deliver 2016 Conference will include:
- Conference registration
- Roundtrip economy class airline travel between your home airport and Copenhagen, Denmark, which will be arranged by Women Deliver’s travel provider
- Reimbursement of the cost to acquire a new visa as required to enter Denmark (In order to obtain reimbursement, you will be required to present a receipt at the conference. Women Deliver will not pay any fees associated with obtaining new passports or renewing expired passports.)
- $50 for ground transportation to and from the airport within your home country and round trip ground transportation between the Copenhagen airport and your hotel (arrangements will be made by Women Deliver and will require the use of mass transportation)
- Overnight accommodations at a hotel selected by Women Deliver in Copenhagen for the duration of the conference
- $50 per diem, per night stayed at the hotel to attend the conference (per diems will not include any extended stays)
The deadline to apply is May 1, 2015 at 5PM EST.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
For more information and application, please visit the Official websites.