Deadline : March 15, 2018
- Master’s Degree Programs: 2-3 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Programs: 3-4 academic years
Location : China
Type : Fully Funded
Chinese University Program is a scholarship established by Ministry of Education (MOE) to support Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.
MOE authorized USTC to recruit full-time master and doctoral students under the Chinese Government Scholarship since 2008. Applicants who apply for programs instructed in Chinese but without sufficient Chinese language proficiency are required to take one-year Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended correspondingly. Scholarship duration specified in the admission notice CANNOT be extended in principle
Scholarship includes :
- Tuition waiver.
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory (usually a twin room); if the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly accommodation subsidy:
- Master’s students: CNY 700 per month;
- Doctoral students: CNY 1000 per month.
- Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
- Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and mentally and physically healthy.
- Applicants must not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application, or be a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree (equivalent to bachelor’s degree in China) and be under the age of 35 (by September, 1st, 2018).
- Applicants for doctoral studies must have master’s degree (equivalent to master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40 (by September, 1st, 2018).
- For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2018, they should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2018.
- Students who have been granted for other Chinese scholarship or funding（2017-2018）cannot apply for this scholarship.
Choices of Graduate Programs :
USTC offers graduate programs with Chinese or English as media of instruction. For more information of programs offered at USTC, please check: