Deadline : 1 May,2018
Location : Ireland
Duration : 4 years
Type : Fully-funded
Description : Applications are invited for Trinity College Dublin Provost’s PhD Scholarships at The School of Histories and Humanities to study in Ireland. EU and Non-EU students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.Trinity College is the sole constituent college of the University of Dublin, a research university in Ireland.The successful applicants will produce an independent piece of research in the form of a PhD thesis. They will also assist their supervisors with other elements of the project (for example: research tasks; conference organisation; workshop management). In addition to their own research and doctoral studies, students with a Provost’s Scholarship may be asked to work up to 24 hours per month on the project.
- EU and Non-EU students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- All applicants whose first language is not English and who have not been educated through the medium of English must present one of the following qualifications in the English language:
- IELTS: Grade 6.5 (No section less than 6.0)
- TOEFL: 90 – internet based (with a written score of 21)
Benefits : The School of Histories and Humanities is offering three fully funded PhD scholarships, covering fees (either EU or Non-EU) plus an annual stipend of €16,000 per year for four years, in the following areas:
- China, Ireland and Empire
- Poverty and Welfare in post-war Ireland
- Integration: An Intellectual History (20th-century US History)
Application Process : Apply for the PhD by clicking on the appropriate link here. Include a research proposal showing how your planned dissertation fits within the project (see project descriptions above) and indicate clearly that you wish to be considered for the Provost’s Scholarship. Please pay attention to the Guidelines for Writing a Postgraduate Research Proposal and contact the prospective supervisor about your project before submitting your application.
For more information,you can visit original website.