Deadline: 1st December 2017 (23:00 GMT)
Location: Cambridge, UK
Funding: Partial (Does not include cost of flights, accommodation etc)
The Reach Cambridge scholarship essay competition is designed for academically excellent high school students aged between 15 and 17 who would otherwise not be able to attend Reach Cambridge’s summer programs.
The essay question for this year’s scholarship competition is:
“In an age of quick and easy global communication, what is the value of face-to-face interaction and learning with students from around the world?”
First Prize – 3 week scholarship prize (awarded to a maximum of 2 students): 100% of the program fee for our 3 week Program 1 in 2018.
Second Prize – 2 week scholarship prize (awarded to a maximum of 3 students): 100% of the program fee for either our two week Program 2 or our two week Program 3 in 2018.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 17 on 1st July 2018, and currently studying at high school.
- The students must complete the essays independently – they must be original non-plagiarised work.
- Applicants from fee-paying schools will only be considered if their letter of recommendation confirms that they attend the school on a scholarship.
- Click here to set up a Reach Cambridge scholarship account.
- From your main account page, select the ‘Scholarship’ tab on the left
- Copy your essay into the box provided (it should be no longer than 1000 words). Answer all other questions on the page.
- A letter of recommendation from a member of staff at your school, written on official headed school paper, outlining why you are a good candidate for the scholarship must be uploaded using the form in the Scholarship Tab of your account page.
- Complete the School Transcript, Declaration Form, Parent Parent Info, and School Info sections of your account.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 31st December 2017, and will be invited for an online interview in early January.