Deadline : February 15, 2018, and March 1, 2018
Location : USA
Type : Varies
- National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR) funded T32 Health Behavior Science Pre-Doctoral Fellowship: The T32 Health Behavior Science Pre-Doctoral Fellowship provides financial support (stipend, tuition/fees, health insurance, travel to conferences), mentoring and research skill development opportunities to goal-directed, full-time nursing Ph.D. students dedicated to pursuing a research career in health behavior science.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) Future of Nursing Scholars Fellowship: The RWJF Future of Nursing Scholars program provides scholarships, mentoring and leadership development activities, as well as postdoctoral research support to build the capacity of this select group of future nursing leaders.
PhD applicants entering with a bachelor’s degree: Bachelor’s degree in nursing from NLNAC, ACEN, CNEA or CCNE-accredited school OR equivalent for non-nurse applicants; 3.3 minimum GPA (4.0 scale). Applicants who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements or do not have a cumulative GPA must submit acceptable scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) and the exam must have been taken within the last five years.
PhD applicants entering with a graduate degree: Master’s or doctoral degree in nursing from NLNAC, ACEN, CNEA or CCNE-accredited school OR equivalent for non-nurse applicants; minimum 3.5 GPA (4.0 scale).
English Language Requirements: Non-native English speakers must score at least a 550 on the paper-based TOEFL, 80 on the Internet-based TOEFL or 6.5 on the Academic IELTS. In addition, it is expected that applicants will achieve subsection minimums of no less than 17 on IBT, 52 on PBT or 6.0 on IELTS (subsections: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing). Native English speakers are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. TOEFL and IELTS scores are considered valid for two years beyond the test date.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Current curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Three (3) professional recommendations
- Personal statement of research goals and interests – Describes what you want to study, who you want to study with, and why you want to study at the Sinclair School of Nursing
- Writing sample (if available; Post-DNP applicants need to include an artifact of their DNP scholarly project)
- Registered Nurse (RN) license – Does not apply to non-nurse Ph.D. applicants; international nursing applicants should submit license from their country
- Satisfactory TOEFL or IELTS scores within last 2 years (non-native English speaking applicants only)
- MU SSON pre-doctoral training fellowship applications (optional)
How to Apply:
Applicants must complete MU Graduate Studies Online Application