Deadline: 15th March 2018
Prize: A trip to one of ASEAN Heritage Parks
Biodiversity is one of the important areas of cooperation between the EU and ASEAN this year. The ASEAN Centre for Biodiversity (ACB) showcases the initiatives of both regional organisations in addressing the issue. The ASEAN Heritage Parks programme is also dedicated to preserve the nature and promote eco-tourism in Southeast Asia. There are 38 national parks in ASEAN Member States dedicated as the ASEAN Heritage Parks.
With biodiversity as a grand theme, the ASEAN-EU youth competition is aimed at enhancing people-to-people connectivity among ASEAN Member States and engaging the youth as the agents of support for this important cause.
This competition is also organised to raise awareness on the importance of the issue of protecting the environment, to care about nature, to promote eco-tourism in the Southeast Asia region, and to preserve the rich biodiversity in the ASEAN region.
- The competition is open to both amateurs and professionals;
- Participants must be citizens or permanent residents of an ASEAN Member State (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam);
- Videos must be recorded in English;
- The decisions of the Organising Committee’s Judging Panel are final;
- All deadlines, submissions and timelines are based on Jakarta time (GMT +07:00);
- The Organising Committee reserves the right to disqualify any submission that does not conform with the rules and/or guidelines.
- Record a one-minute video of why you or your friends are biodiversity heroes.
- Upload the video to YouTube with the hashtag #MyNatureMyHero.
- Submit the link to your video to the microsite: mynaturemyhero.com
- Fill the application form with your information.
Please visit the official website for more information.