Deadline : 30 April 2018
Type : Fully-Funded
The Imagine Cup is a skill-based Competition. Open to students around the world, the Imagine Cup Competition seeks to honor the most innovative, ground-breaking and appealing software built with Microsoft tools and technology. The Competition may be structured differently based on the country/region you are representing. Please make sure to read your local country/region competition rules (if applicable) to better understand how to participate in this competition before registering or submitting an entry. If there are any inconsistencies between these Official Rules and your local country/region Competition Rules, these Official Rules will govern.
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at the time of entry:
• You are at least 16 years of age as of 24 October 2017 and are actively enrolled as a student at an accredited educational institution that grants high-school or
college/university (or equivalent) degrees (including home schools) at any time between 24 October 2017 and 31 May 2018; and
o If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Competition.
• You are not a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and the Region of
o U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and the Region of Crimea. Therefore, residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
• You/your business has not received external funding more than $50,000 USD; and
• You/your business has not used paid employees assistance in creating an Imagine Cup entry at any time between 24 October 2017 and 31 July 2018; and
• You are not an employee or intern of Microsoft Corporation, or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, at any time between 24 October 2017 and 31 July 2018; and
• You are not involved in any part of the execution or administration of this Competition;
• You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft the, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Competition between 24 October 2017 and 31 July 2018.
How to Enter :
- To enter Round 1, visit Imagine Microsoft register as instructed. You can begin submitting your round 1 entry once the national finals for your country open. Submission requirements and deadlines for Round 1 vary from country to country but all will be concluded
no later than 31 May 2018. If there is no National Finals in your team’s country, you may instead compete in our Online
Finals. This is only open to teams in countries without a National Finals. On 1 January 2018, you can begin submitting your round 1 entry and the submission deadline is 30 April 2018.