Deadline: 23 December 2017
Duration: 8 weeks
Type: Partially Funded
The Hult Prize is a start-up accelerator for impact entrepreneurship which brings together the brightest college and university students from around the globe to solve the world’s most pressing issues through pitching ideas and launching companies. It’s the biggest and most prestigious start-up event in the world, and awards millions of dollars in investment capital to young budding entrepreneurs, including a grand prize of USD 1 Million. You don’t need an idea to start. Participants compete in local events organized in cities, countries and on campuses around the world. Regional and national programs are hosted world-wide and winners of these events get to spend 8-weeks living, working, learning and playing in a castle in the UK. If you can’t make any of our in-person events, we also have a wild-card round which takes place virtually – everything happens in person, because that’s how you create entrepreneurs. If your university doesn’t host an on-campus round or you would just rather apply into a regional round, please apply using any of the links on this page. Regional events host on-campus winners and teams from around the world, so feel free to apply anywhere, not just the city closest to you. In 2018, we are hosting regional final events in: Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, Toronto, Mexico City, Quito, Bogota, Melbourne, Lagos, Nairobi, Cairo, Tunisia, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore and on-line. Winning start-ups from each city move onto the Hult Prize Accelerator for the summer before attending the President Bill Clinton hosted global finals at the United Nations, which take place in September, during UNGA.
The Hult Prize is the official kick-off to UN GLOBAL GOALS WEEK, so it’s the perfect place to pitch for a million dollars. Collectively, more than one-hundred thousand students around the world, representing more than 150 countries participate in the Hult Prize and spend over 10 million man-hours on solving the world’s most pressing issues. Tens of thousands more students organize various trainings and programming throughout the years. Through crowdsourcing, training, mentorship and funding, the Hult Prize seeks to build and launch the next wave of social entrepreneurs, all of whom are poised to change the world.
- Students past or present from any college or university in the world are invited to form teams of 3-4.
- You are considered a student if at the time of application submission, you have not yet graduated. Alumni and faculty are not allowed to be official team members.
- Registration fees for this year’s Hult Prize have all been waived. Teams will be responsible for covering their travel costs.
- All participants should belong to the same college or university. However, this may consist of a mix of programs and undergraduate, graduate and PhD level.
- This event is open for business or non-business students, application is open to anyone currently enrolled in college or university.
-Winning team will get US$1,000,000 to helps people move normally full profit-motivated business minds into game-changing social entrepreneurs.
-The Hult Prize remains the largest start-up program in the world for the early-stage social venture.
Application Process: Apply Here
For more information, please visit Official Website