Deadline : May 3, 2018
Type : Fully-funded
Duration : Master ( 2 years ), PhD ( 4 years )
- Digital image processing, Signal processing, or Fourier optics
- Computer vision or Machine Learning
- Monthly Allowance of 1,200,000 won(KRW) for PhD student and 800,000 won for Master student
- Tuition fees for study period for all graduate students
- Extra allowances based on research performance.
- DPF (DGIST Presidential Fellowship)
- Special scholarship : 3,000,000 KRW / semester
- Research scholarship: Max. 10,000,000 KRW
- Study abroad scholarship: Max. 16,584,000 KRW
Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology (DGIST) (In Korea) is a public science and engineering university located in Daegu Metropolitan City, Republic of Korea. In 2004, the Korean Government established DGIST as a research institute to promote national science and technology.
Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology simply referred to as DGIST, is one of the four public universities in South Korea which are dedicated to research in science and technology, along with KAIST, GIST, and UNIST. DGIST has been growing as a leading university of science and engineering with its aim to facilitate national advancement by nurturing talented individuals through its innovative convergence education and research.
- Any Nationality
- Hold a Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree as of September 1, 2018.
- For Master’s program (or Integrated Master’s & Doctoral program): students should hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Bachelor’s degree.
- For Doctoral program: students should hold a Master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Master’s degree.
- TOEIC, TOEFL IBT, TOEFL CBT, TOEFL PBT, IELTS, or TEPS
＊Compulsory in case of applicants for Emerging Materials Science / New Biology
Online submission via the DGIST admissions website (admission.dgist.ac.kr)
※ Degree Certificate, Official Transcripts and other required documents must be written in English
※ Please make a single PDF file contain all the documents in the alphabetical order (C – F) and make sure that it does not exceed
Documents to submit
- Application Form
- Personal Statement and Study Plan
- Degree Certificate (either completed or to be completed)
- Official transcripts
- English Test Scores
- Other certificates
- Medical certificate
- Letter of Recommendation