Deadline : 26 March, 2018
Location : Canada
Type : All expense-paid (Fully-funded)
Level : Undergraduate summer school
Subject : Data science
The multi-institutional, interdisciplinary CREATE Program in Data Analytics and Visualization (DAV) at York University in Toronto offers an all-expenses-paid undergraduate summer school on big data science. The program includes talks by CREATE DAV faculty and industry experts on current research topics in big data science, as well as hands-on experience in York and OCAD U laboratories.
The curriculum reflects the wide range of research areas at CREATE DAV, which includes research on machine learning, data mining, signal processing, computer vision, image processing, computer graphics, virtual human modeling, serious games, natural language processing, human perception & cognition, visualization & design.
- Senior undergraduate students of all countries are eligible to apply.
- Open for all region
- Applicants who are interested in investigating interdisciplinary research aspects of the big data science.
- A completed online application form
- A reference letter, which should be sent from a referee directly to CREATE DAV Program.
- The application deadline is March 26, 2018. The applicants will be notified of decisions by April 9, 2018.
Instructions for Reference Letter Writers
Reference letters can be sent by email to [email protected] or by mail to Irina Kapsh, CREATE DAV Program, York University, 4700 Keele Street, LAS 3032, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M3J 1P3.
In your letter, describe how you know the applicant, their prospects for an academic career, and how they would benefit from attending the summer school.
Please ensure that your letter arrives by April 9, 2018