CIMB Young ASEAN Leaders 2015 in collaboration with Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
21-22 April 2015, Malaysia
Deadline: Midnight GMT, 25/03/15
Funding: Fully Funded
The CIMB Young ASEAN Leaders (CYAL) is a scholarship programme for undergraduate students of ASEAN nationality. CYAL 2015 will take place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 21-22 April 2015, in collaboration with Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia – The National University of Malaysia (UKM).
Southeast Asia is a melting pot of diverse cultures and rich histories, making it a home to many interesting heritage sites that need to be further conserved and enriched. With the theme ‘Protecting ASEAN’s Heritage’, this 2-day workshop aims to train exceptional ASEAN student leaders who are passionate about heritage conservation to develop innovative, community-based projects. The best developed proposal will be eligible for seed funding from CIMB Foundation.
For more information, keep yourself updated by visiting these Facebook pages:
- UKM’s: www.facebook.com/UCTCUKM
- CIMB’s: facebook.com/CIMBGroup
- The Essentials of Heritage Conservation
- Heritage Challenges and Interventions in ASEAN
- Technical skills in the promotion, conservation and preservation on tangible and intangible heritage
- Nationals of ASEAN countries; Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
- Undergraduate student with a minimum CGPA/CQPI of 3.5 or equivalent, enrolled in an ASEAN university
- Able to fluently communicate in the English language, written and spoken
- Currently working on a community project for heritage conservation
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
- The closing date of application will be midnight GMT, 25/03/15. The selection will be based on the merits of the individual. There will be online or phone interviews conducted for shortlisted candidates. Only selected participants will be notified after 03/04/15.
- Transport from country of origin, accommodation, food, travels during the project period and insurance will be covered by the organizers.
- Once selected, delegates will be requested to deposit a refundable commitment fee of USD100 to secure their slot for the programme. This fee will be reimbursed at the end of the programme, upon completion of all tasks.
- Delegates are expected to stay throughout the duration of the programme. If a delegate leaves early or arrives late, he/she might not be able to refund her commitment fee back.
- Delegates are also required to always follow the host country’s laws and regulation. If the delegate breaches laws and regulation of the host country, they will be automatically expelled from the programme and will be subjected to legal proceedings based on the laws and regulation of the host country.
- If the organisers find that any information provided by the delegate are not valid, the organisers will automatically reject the application or expel the volunteer from the programme.
- By submitting this application form, you have agreed to the above terms and will have to free the organisation from any future indemnity claims.
- Selected applicants will be required to send a recent passport size photo.
- Delegates are required to be in formal attire wearing proper work/court shoes throughout the programme. Smart casual attire (collared t-shirts) can be worn only during outings. Jeans and slippers/sandals are not allowed.
For further information and application, please visit the Official Website link below.