Deadline : 1 March,2018
Location : Honolulu, Hawaii
Duration : 8 months
Type : Partially-funded(Sustainable scholarship is available)
Description : The East-West Center is pleased to invite applications for the 2018 – 2019 Asia Pacific Leadership Program Fellowship (APLP). The APLP is the center of excellence for leadership education in the Asia Pacific region and a signature program of the East West Center.The APLP seeks outstanding individuals from all walks of life (government, business, NGOs, health sciences, media, monastic orders, and education) to participate in an innovative leadership development program at the East-West Center in Honolulu, Hawai’i. The average age of an APLP Fellow is 33, with an average of 5 – 8 years of professional experience prior to entering the program.All fellows live on the East-West Center’s campus in Honolulu, Hawaii from August through December 2018 for the residential portion of the program. From January – April 2019, the program is run virtually [online] and fellows have the option to return to their home countries or apply for extended fieldwork in Southeast Asia, internships, self-designed projects and employment experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree – applicants must have at least a 3-year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. College or University or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad. Equivalency is determined by the University of Hawai’i.
- At least 5 years of work experience
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting peace and prosperity in the Asia Pacific region, and a deep interest in experiential leadership development training.
Benefits :Upon acceptance, all participants receive a fellowship valued at approximately $13,000 USD to cover a majority of the program costs. Substantial scholarship funding is available for the remainder of the costs of participation, though timing is critical. The earlier an application is submitted, the greater the chance that scholarship funds will be available to support participant costs beyond the fellowship provisions.
Application process :
- Two letters of reference are needed to complete your application Two download the Letter of Reference please visit the official site.
- An official degree certificate and official transcript must be submitted for the highest degree you have obtained.
- Have the transcript and degree certificate sealed in an envelope by the institution you attended and mailed to the EWC Leadership Program Office:
- Leadership Program
East-West Center, JAB 2062A
1601 East-West Road
Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96848-1601
- Leadership Program
- All official transcripts and degree certificates must be sealed directly by the institution or Ministry of Education to the EWC Leadership Program office.
- These documents should be mailed in an official university or Ministry envelope and remain sealed by that institution in order to be accepted by the East-West Center.
- Documents mailed or hand-carried by the applicant or a third party will not be accepted as official or used for admissions consideration unless they are contained in an envelope that has been sealed by the university.
For more detail,you can visit official website.
To contact APLP, please email [email protected]