Deadline: 31st March 2018
Duration: 23 July 2018 – 17 August 2018
Funding: Fully Funded
The ASEAN Youth Volunteer Programme (AYVP) is a youth community leadership programme that mobilises young volunteers to work with communities in developing innovative solutions to the social, cultural, economic and environmental challenges of the region, while forging a sense of ASEAN identity.
For 2018, the AYVP will be looking into the thematic area of Protecting ASEAN’s Natural Heritage to be implemented in Malaysia from 23 July 2018 – 17 August 2018. The AYVP Malaysia 2018 is also supported by ASEAN Secretariat, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Malaysia and Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia. At the end of 1 month, AYVP Malaysia 2018 seeks to develop 50 ASEAN Youth DRR Leaders who are ASEAN-conscious and equipped with skills and competencies in youth leadership and natural heritage management, through the spirit of volunteerism and community engagement.
The four weeks programme will be held at The National University of Malaysia (UKM), Malaysia for weeks 1 and 4 while week 2 and 3 will be at the community sites near Langkawi Island. Accommodation throughout the 4 weeks will be at UKM.
- Open to nationals of ASEAN countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
- Youth between the ages of 18 to 30.
- Able to fluently communicate in the English language, written and spoken.
- Able to work in multi-cultural settings.
- Able to commit to the program throughout August 2018.
- The selected volunteers will be notified via email. If selected, volunteer need to deposit a refundable commitment fee of 100
- USD, reference letter and submit a Medical Certificate.
- The secretariat will only cover flights, accommodation, food and insurance.
Click here to apply.
Selected participants will be notified via email of the application outcome before 31 May 2018.
Click here to go to the official website.