Deadline : December 15th, 2017 at 11:59 PST
Type : Fully Funded
Location : Stanford House in Oxford, United Kingdom
Duration : June 28 to July 2, 2018
AMENDS’ mission is to create a platform for promising youth leaders whose work impacts the Middle East, North Africa and United States to share and grow their initiatives. During the conference, we provide delegates opportunities to develop key skills, network and collaborate with established leaders, experts, and fellow change-makers, and share the story of their initiatives with a wider audience after receiving coaching and editing support
- be 18 – 28 years old.
- have innovative ideas and well thought-out initiatives that could affect positive change in the world.
- have initiatives addressing political, social, or economic issues pertaining to the Middle East in innovative ways.
- demonstrate the potential to further understanding between the respective regions and demonstrate potential to influence American-Middle Eastern affairs.
Accepted delegates will:
- Present a 10-12 minute recorded talk about their initiative at the AMENDS conference. Hosted on our channel, these talks have been viewed by over 70,000 people. Below is one of our signature AMENDS talks from this past year:
- Attend a networking dinner.
- Receive financial and logistical assistance with flights and visas to and from the 2018 AMENDS conference. Accommodations and food will be provided.
- Attend skill-building workshops on topics such as: design thinking, crowdfunding, and leadership development.
- Join and take leadership in the AMEND Fellows Network, a self-sustaining network of 160+ former delegates. For the past 3 years, a separate reunion conference has been held annually for Fellows.
The application contains three parts:
I. Personal Information
II. Initiative Information
III. Short Essays