Funding: None Required
Deadline: 23 November 2017
The César Egido Serrano Foundation launches the fifth edition of the International Flash Fiction Competition. Keeping in mind the Foundation’s ethos, which is that the word is the tool of coexistence between different cultures, religions and ideologies, the fifth Edition of competition is open, under the motto: “The Word, bridging the gap between different cultures and religions.”
The César Egido Serrano Foundation pursues international diffusion of an idea: “The Word as a link of humanity, and against all forms of violence”. This is an effort that has to be made in all areas of public opinion, and at all levels to ensure that words and dialogue become the only weapon for the resolution of conflicts and differences amongst people, the promotion of dialogue and culture between people, the opinions or political, religious beliefs.
- An overall first prize of $20,000 dollars is awarded for the best story in any of the languages authorized in the contest;
- Three prizes of $ 1,000 each will be awarded for the best stories in each of the other remaining languages admitted in the contest, that are not winners of the main prize.
- Writers from anywhere in the world may participate.
- Entries must be originals work of the author and may be written in any of the following languages: Spanish, English, Arabic or Hebrew.
- Complete the application form
- The stories cannot exceed 100 words. They will be sent exclusively by completing the online form;
- The texts will be original, unpublished in all media (paper, blogs, electronic publications, etc.) and must not been awarded prizes in any other contest. Those who do not meet this condition will be disqualified.
The deadline for submission of originals will end at 24h (Spanish peninsular time) of the International Day of the Word as a Bond of Humankind (motto of the Foundation), on November 23, 2017.
For more information, visit International Flash Fiction Competition.