Deadline : 28th December 2016
Type : Fully funded
The SEAYLP program is a three-week exchange program in the United States focused on leadership and youth development. The exchange will take place in April 2017 and participants will implement follow-on projects in their home communities after the program. The program welcomes applications from both student participants and adult chaperones.
Student participants must: be between the ages of 15 and 17 by the start date of the exchangebe high school or first-year college students currently enrolled in schools and universities in Myanmarhave interest in civic action and community service have strong academic and social skills and have leadership potential exhibit maturity and open-mindedness
Adult chaperones must: be teachers or community leaders who work with youth have demonstrated leadership skills be interested in helping youth develop their potential be committed to working with SEAYLP participants after their return from the United States.
- To promote mutual understanding between the people of the United States and partner countries.
- To develop a sense of civic responsibility and commitment to community development among youth.
- To develop leadership skills among youth.
- To foster relationships among youth from different backgrounds.
- Exchange activities will include site visits, workshops, interactive sessions, leadership training, team-building exercises, extracurricular activities, study tour and home stays with American families.
- The adult participants will have sessions with their peers designed to help the adults to foster leadership and civic education programs at home.
- Participants will develop a plan for a follow-on activity during the exchange and are expected to implement it in their school or community upon their return home.
Please submit application one time only. Soft copies must be submitted to [email protected]Hard copies must be sent or delivered to Cultural Affairs Unit, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy, 110 University Ave, Kamayut Township, Yangon.
For more information:
Call at 536509/505113, Ext: 4369/4869, or email: [email protected]
Download the application form from the following link.
For Adult Application Form: https://mm.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/41/2016/11/2017-SEAYLP-Adult-Application.pdf
For Student Application Form: https://mm.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/41/2016/11/2017-SEAYLP-Student-Application.pdf