- Has acquired the core knowledge in the field of computer science and can use it to analyse and resolve practical problems;
- Has deeper knowledge of one narrower sub field of computer science and of its surrounding disciplines;
- Can do independent research on a problem posed by the supervisor and present his/her results in a coherent and understandable way.
- Bachelor`s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related field.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in other specializations are eligible if they have completed at least 24 ECTS of courses in Computer Science, including courses in Programming, Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Accepted proof of proficiency: IELTS 5.5+, TOEFL IBT 75+ or TOEFL paper based test 537+For details, see www.ut.ee/requirements
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Estonian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.It is important to send verified copies of the entry qualification documents directly to the university by postal mail, according to the instructions given by the institution.Never send original documents by post.
Please note that the documents are expected to be mailed to the University only by those receiving the admission offer (unless instructed otherwise by the admissions staff).
Address for sending the application documents:
University of Tartu,
Ülikooli 18-134, Tartu 50090,
A motivation letter must be added to your application.Estonian applicants should apply from February 6 until March 15 via "SAIS":http://www.sais.ee.
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Please check the country-specific information to find out if there are additional requirements you need to meet: www.ut.ee/en/country-specific-requirements.
If admitted, you will most likely need to apply for visa/residence permit. Please find more information about the application process: www.ut.ee/en/welcome/non-eu-citizens-residence-permits-and-visas.
Click Here for detailed information.