The Humanitarian Affairs Internship Programme offers a learning opportunity to students who are currently pursuing degrees at graduate or undergraduate levels to enhance their resume while working for a cause. Talented youth from diverse disciplines can become a part of this internship as a Global Event Associate to gain practical experience in various aspects of a social enterprise and event organisation.
The internship with Humanitarian Affairs at the Asia Secretariat requires time commitment for a period of 7 months to 11 months, beginning in the month of January every year. The organisation is on the lookout for individuals who have the right learning attitude, strong communication skills, the ability to work well under pressure, and those who are open to experiencing diverse work cultures.
Responsibilities of an Event Associate
- Researching markets and recruiting delegates for events
- Liaising with marketing and PR partners to promote events
- Collating and maintaining databases of stakeholders
- Sourcing and securing sponsorship
- Developing marketing plans and strategies
What do you gain from being a Global Event Associate ?
- Test Out your Career Interests
Through on-the-job experience, you are in a better position to determine whether you are inclined towards a particular career or industry.
- Network at a Global Scale
Interns can create a network of professional contacts that may benefit them throughout their working lives. The internship will also broaden your knowledge and may open the door to new opportunities. As an intern, you will become a part of a dynamic group of young professionals composed of like-minded individuals with varying academic and cultural backgrounds.
- Boost your Credentials
This experience will increase your credibility in the job market with potential employers.
- Seize Meaningful Opportunities
Interns will have the chance to make meaningful contributions to the working of their team if they learn to recognise and seize opportunities. Through your work, you could transform the lives of other bright young people and also bring about change in the lives of the disadvantaged in Asia.
Eligibility for being a Global Event Associate
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in an accredited institution preferably with a degree in: international relations, economic development, marketing, communication, business, social work, or any other relevant course.
- They must have a high level of academic achievements, exude confidence and be open to gaining different cultural experiences.
Do you want to gain an edge over others and experience a new culture?
Submit your résumé with a recent photograph and a cover letter via email to [email protected] or through our Online Application Form.
Check out the Humanitarian Affairs website at www.humanitarianaffairs.org