Deadline : February 26, 2017
Country : Thailand
Type : Fully funded
Child’s Dream Association awards scholarships for selected undergraduate programmes leading to a bachelor degree in Thailand at a selected number of universities. We provide scholarship support for highly capable Myanmar students with proven financial need and strong academic performance.
Scholarships will be granted on the basis of factors including: financial need, academic and work record, and applicant’s long-term plans. Scholarships are prioritized for applicants who plan to focus on the development of their country.
- Must be Myanmar national and have or be able to get Myanmar ID card or passport; if have other ID or no ID, must clearly demonstrate Myanmar connection to a Myanmar community and be able to get accepted to university and achieve a university degree (graduate) with no ID.
- Age: must be age 30 or younger at application deadline
- Financial need: must have a need for funding, for example: the family’s situation is poor, parents cannot support study in a university, or do not have parents.
- No other scholarship: must not be receiving partial or full funding from other scholarship organizations. Tuition fee waivers or other financial support from universities is ok.
- For most undergraduate study programmes, applying students must have a minimum of 12 years of previous education (e.g. Myanmar matriculation examination/10 standard plus two years of university study) or a certificate facilitating university admission (e.g. General Educational Development degree/ GED).Please check this carefully before applying to university and our scholarship. You must be sure you are eligible.
- Students must demonstrate proficiency in English and/or Thai, depending on their study programme.
- Students who are UNHCR registered are not eligible.
Other eligibility notes
- It is every applicant’s own responsibility to apply to university on time and obtain university admission. Applicants should do this independently from this scholarship application.
- This scholarship supports full-time study leading to a bachelor degree; part-time degrees are not eligible.
- Distance education programmes are not eligible for funding.
- Language preparation or university-preparation courses which are not part of the degree credits are not supported, for example classes before starting Year 1 are not supported.
- Scholarships for siblings of students who have a scholarship from Child’s Dream are not prioritised. Failure to disclose this information correctly in this application form could result in immediate cancellation of the scholarship.
- Students currently studying at university are not prioritized and will only be considered in exceptional circumstances, i.e. other scholarship organization can no longer support; the majority of scholarships will be given to students who will start in their first semester of the first year.
New students are selected in an open competition once a year.
A Child’s Dream scholarship covers 100% of student funding for all years of study, and broadly include:
1. Tuition and other fees (e.g. university fees, visa fees, etc.)
2. Supplies (e.g. uniforms, books, stationary)
3. Living cost (e.g. rent, food, transportation)
4. Other / Emergency (case by case basis)
Scholarship students are required to maintain student status throughout the period of their scholarship and abide by all the terms and conditions outlined in a separate grant letter and yearly budget agreements signed by the scholarship recipient.
How to Apply
Get the application from: Digital application form,
Applicants located in Thailand should
1. Send one hard copy of this application including all attachments by post to
Myanmar University Scholarships Coordinator
Child’s Dream Foundation
238/3 Wualai Road
T. Haiya, A. Muang
Chiang Mai 50100
The envelope must be stamped by the Thai post office before or latest on 26 February 2017 If we do not receive a hard copy/paper copy of your application posted correctly, it will not be considered. There are no exceptions.
2. and additionally e-mail one fully scanned application including all attachments to
Applicants located in Myanmar
may e-mail one scanned application including all attachments to [email protected] latest on 26 February 2017.
Please ensure that your information is clearly readable (no bad scans, clear writing please).