Location : Korea
Duration : 3 years
Type : Full
Recognizing its global social responsibility, Seoul National University launched the “SNU President Fellowship” to provide opportunities to faculty members of major universities in developing countries of Asia to pursue Ph.D. degrees at SNU. Based on the recognition that the main driver for national development of Korea has been its human capital, Korea is now responsible to share its experiences with other developing nations.
Details of the Award:
A recipient of SPF will be awarded the following for the first three years of their program:
- Full tuition fees
- KRW 24,000,000 yearly stipend (paid over 12 months)
- A round-trip airfare
- Korean language training
- Medical Insurance
An applicant must be BOTH:
- A faculty of major universities WITHOUT Ph.D. degree from developing countries in Asia, Africa, South America etc.
- Admitted and/or enrolled to SNU as Ph.D. student for the given semester
Applicants can apply to pursue Ph.D. in any research areas but selection priority will be given to applicants doing exceptional work in engineering, medicine, public health, agriculture, developmental studies, Korean studies, etc.
Required Documents and attachments for SPF:
- SPF Spring 2018 Application Form (including study plan)
- Certificate of Employment (as a faculty member)
- Certificate of Graduation (Bachelor & Master degrees)
- Recommendation Letter from the Dean of Affiliated College at SNU
- Admission Guide for International Students (Spring 2018, Graduate)
- SPF Spring 2018 Application Form
Online application: here
Detail Information: here