Deadline: 1st December 2017
Location: United States
Duration: One semester
Funding: Fully funded
The Global Undergraduate Exchange (Global UGRAD) Program seeks to provide students from under-represented communities an educational exchange experience in U.S. colleges or universities to strengthen their leadership, professional skills, and commitment to community service, while exploring U.S. values and culture.
- must be from Myanmar
- must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in Myanmar, and must have completed their first year of undergraduate study prior to starting their Global UGRAD Program
- must have at least one semester or an equivalent term to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program
- must be at least 18 years of age, when the program begins
- should have a TOEFL PBT score of 500 or higher
- should be highly motivated and demonstrate leadership through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities
- Completed Global Undergraduate Exchange Program application form*
- Official academic transcripts for years of university study (with English translations). Please provide grade equivalence between local grading system and U.S. university grading system (GPA)*
- Official results of the matriculation exam*
- Two letters of reference: one from academic teachers/professors from the candidate’s major field of study and one from a non-academic aspect of the candidate’s life and work (with English translations)*
* All documents should be submitted on plain, A4 sized paper.
Please submit application one time only. Soft copies may be submitted to [email protected] Hard copies may be sent or delivered to Cultural Affairs Unit, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy, 110 University Ave, Kamayut Township, Yangon.
For more information, please contact 01-536509/505113, Ext: 4369/4869 or email [email protected] if you want to get an application. Click here to follow US Embassy on Facebook and here to go to their official website.