Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Deadline: 1 November 2017
The Young Reporters initiative will bring 30 young reporters from five continents to the Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires (Argentina), which will take place from 6 to 18 October 2018. The costs of flights, accommodation, and meals are included, and all equipment will be provided for the duration of the Games.
Once at the Games, the Young Reporters will have access to the Youth Olympic Village and all the sports and will receive intensive training from some of the top names in Olympic reporting in print, photographic, television, radio and social media.
This group of Young Reporters will also be joined by teams from Argentina (the host nation for the YOG 2018) and Switzerland (the host nation for the Winter Youth Olympic Games Lausanne 2020).
- Aged between 18 and 24 years of age (as of 30 September 2018).
- Students of journalism at a college or working as reporters.
- Full proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Portfolio and references to complement application.
- Available to attend the full duration of training.
- The course will be in English only. All Young Reporters must have proficient written and spoken English.
Apply through online!
If you are interested then the first step is to get in touch with your National Olympic Committee here, which will nominate Young Reporters on the basis of performance and competence.
For further information please visit their official website.